At some point, you have probably been told to drink more water! Are you aware of the benefits to drinking enough water? Read further to discover the top reasons to drink water.Water is more than just a thirst quencher – it has many functions and allows our bodies to function more productively. Here are 5 reasons to encourage you to get your daily intake of water!
Below are 5 reasons to drink water:
1. Water Intake Can Help Control Calories and Help with Weight Loss. Drinking lots of water can be a weight loss strategy. Many times we think we are hungry, but in reality, we are actually thirsty. So instead of heading to the pantry for a snack – keep your water bottle close-by and have a drink first! In addition, substituting water for higher calorie beverages can reduce calorie intake significantly for some individuals.
2. Water Helps to Energize Muscles and Decreases Joint Pain. Cells that don’t retain their balance of fluids and electrolytes begin to shrink which results in muscle fatigue. As a result, without enough fluid, muscles don’t work as well and your performance can suffer. Additionally, drinking water reduces joint pain. Sufficient water allows for the cartilage surrounding the joints to remain soft and hydrated.
3. Water Improves Your Complexion. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and provides a protective barrier to prevent fluid loss. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled. However, drinking enough water can improve your complexion. Water naturally moisturizes your skin and allows the skin to build new cells efficiently. This gives your skin better color and texture and a healthy glow.
4. Water increases Energy and Improves Your Mood. One of the most common causes of daytime fatigue is due to mild dehydration. Drinking water can lead to increased energy levels and improve your mood. Also, if you frequently suffer from headaches, drink more water! Staying hydrated can prevent and alleviate headaches.
5. Water Helps Your Kidney & Bowel Function. Our digestive system needs water to function properly. Water is flushed out through urine and sweat. When you are getting enough water, urine flows freely is light in color and odor free. In addition, paired with a fiber enriched diet, water can keeps things flowing through the intestines and helps to prevent constipation.
So go ahead, fill your water bottle and enjoy a long drink to nourish your body!