Danae has shared this healthy and delicious recipe with us. Her girls love these Cocoa Banana Bran Muffins. Try it at home and let us know if your kids love them too.
- 1 ¼ cups All-Bran Original Cereal ( I used just regular oat bran instead – you could also use bran flakes)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup all- purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ canola oil
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine cereal and milk in a medium bowl and let soften for 2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat egg, oil and mashed bananas into cereal mixture. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, then spoon evenly into a lightly oiled 12-cup muffin pan.
Bake in a preheated 400 Degrees F. for 20 minutes.