Are you stuck in a rut with your workout routine? Joining a group exercise class could be the boost you need to take your body to the next level of fitness!Running on a treadmill or popping in the workout DVD in your living room are great ways to exercise, especially when pressed for time. However, at times these workouts can become mundane or lonely. Group exercise classes can help to boost your workout routine and have many additional benefits.
1) Time will fly by – Group classes are more entertaining, making time pass quicker than a solo workout. Most instructors will include a variety of exercises with frequent changes to keep you engaged.
2) New Friends – Coming together with a group of people with common goals and interest can lead to community and allows space for new friendships. Working out with others creates accountability.
3) Motivation – Having an instructor pushing you to give just a little more, can help you go the extra distance. Exercising beside someone is great motivation to push your personal boundaries – a little friendly competition can be a good thing!
4) Learn something new – Attending a group class allows you to try a new form of exercise. This challenges both your body and mind and provides a fresh outlook on your fitness routine.
5) Proper instruction – Having proper instruction helps to prevent injury and maximize results. Instructors help to explain and model exercises to ensure you are doing things correctly. They can also offer modified exercises when needed.
6) It’s FUN – Exercising in a group atmosphere helps to take your mind off of the work and enjoy being with the people around you. Energetic music, positive instructors and friends help to keep you pumped up and encourage you to have a great time!
The benefits of working out in a group setting are amazing, and can make you more fit than you ever thought possible! So find a friend, join a fitness class and be prepared for a NEW you!