Choosing to make changes to your current eating patterns can seem daunting and overwhelming. We often have the desire to makes changes, but don’t know where to begin. With a few simple changes, you can begin to take steps towards a healthier diet and a healthier YOU!Looking for resources to help set you on the path to healthy eating habits? Soul Connexion now carries resources from Nourish, Move, Thrive. These resources will encourage you to take a step towards healthier eating. (nourishmovethrive.ca)
Some of the topics addressed on these resource cards include:
- Portion Control – What is a serving?
- The Balanced Plate – adjusting portion sizes to ensure a balanced plate at mealtime
- Eating Mindfully – Internal hunger and fullness are often ignored…10 tips to learn to eat mindfully
- Are you a Protein Pro? How much protein are you getting from the foods you consume?
- Learn to Read Labels – learn to read and compare food labels so you can choose healthier options
- Carbs – Energy Superstars – Choose healthy carbs based on the time of day that you are most active. Also includes positive snack choices
- Sugar – The Sweet Stuff – Retrain your taste buds to crave foods with natural sugars and avoid foods with added sugars
- Eat Right for your 20’s & 30’s – This age group skips meals more than any other age group. This can lead to low energy, decreased concentration and food cravings. Learn to fuel your body at regular intervals throughout your day.
We also carry 7-day food journals and smoothie recipes. Stop by the studio today and pick-up some resources to help you accomplish your healthy eating goals!
And with warmer days on the horizon, try this delicious, summer- inspired smoothie to kick-start your day!
Pina Colada Boost
½ cup pineapple juice
½ medium banana
¼ cup orange juice
1 cup ice
1 Tablespoon shredded coconut (optional)
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Makes about 2 cups .
178 calories; 2 g protein; 40g carbohydrate; 3 g fat